FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO HD from FCP not importing into Procoder

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Phillips
DVCPRO HD from FCP not importing into Procoder
on Feb 20, 2007 at 11:24:27 pm

Hi, I have put a film together which was shot on the P2 HVX1000 in Final Cut Pro. It is now complete and I am wanting to put it onto DVD using Procoder as my encoder. All is fine exporting the self contained movie and the PC recognises the file as a QuickTime file. When I try to play it in QuickTime (7.1.3) it just locks up. Similarly in Procoder, it recognises it but just locks up.

So ..... do I need to export to a different HD codec? I have tried Apple intermediate HDV codec, but it gave the same result. Any ideas really appreciated!

Thanks, Martin.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: DVCPRO HD from FCP not importing into Procoder
on Feb 21, 2007 at 2:17:19 am

The Apple DVCPRO HD (installed with FCP) and Apple Intermediate (installed with iMovie) codecs are not available for Windows. Your best bet would be to export to a free cross-platform intermediary codec, like Photo-JPEG.

Return to posts index

Post Man
on Feb 23, 2007 at 3:12:17 am

Here is a list of QuickTime

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Feb 23, 2007 at 6:04:08 am

As I mentioned before, Photo-JPEG is likely his best option. Quality shouldn't be too negatively effected and he doesn't need to convert to an uncompressed codec like Animation that is just going to use up a lot of extra disk space. Also, Compressor does not even compete with ProCoder in terms of encoding for MPEG-2. ProCoder 2 is the best MPEG-2 encoder in it its price category (sub $300).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]