FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing and Emailing a Video File

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmyhop
Compressing and Emailing a Video File
on Feb 12, 2007 at 7:05:05 pm

Hi All

I have a job tomorrow where the client would like to be able to email the final film out and host it on various websites. They need the whole thing shot, edited and compressed within the day. They seem to want the file as wmv file to achieve maximum compatability and one of the main news websites hosting the video require it as an embedded video or windows media file.

I will be editing on Final Cut on a mac and I know encoding as a wmv is a bit of a nightmare on macs.

Can anyone give me some advice on how best to compress and distribute the final video?

The film will be 60 seconds, contain both jpeg graphic stills and live action (with effects to make it look like a silent era movie) and needs to be 320 x 240.

Do I need to purchase something to encode to wmv effectively on a mac? Will it be possible for the client to just email the file to their audience without having to reduce the quality too much?

Apologies for all the questions, this is my first time distributing this way.

Many thanks for any help and advice.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Compressing and Emailing a Video File
on Feb 12, 2007 at 9:17:53 pm

I wouldn't call WMV encoding a nightmare on the mac any more. Hasn't been that way for quite some time. Probably, given your situation and needs, the best product for you would be Flip4Mac's WMV Studio Pro product. This includes a QT exporter plugin that will allow you export directly from Final Cut Pro to Windows Media at your desired settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]