FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone try Cleaner XL 1.5 for Win XP?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim_Gunn
Anyone try Cleaner XL 1.5 for Win XP?
on Feb 5, 2007 at 1:23:28 am

Has anyone tried the newest version Cleaner XL 1.5 and do you find that it encodes any faster than the previous version? I just ordered the 1.5 upgrade for $125 for my aging version of Cleaner XL for my Windows encoding machine. I do a lot of batch encoding of hdv shot footage (Sony FX-1) that I edit in Premiere Pro 1.5.1 and output to a CineForm AVI file. I then use Cleaner XL to make wmvs, quicktime and soon flash files both with and without watermarks and it takes a LONG time to encode, say a 35 minute 1440 x 1080 size, 4300 Kb bitrate 16x9 aspect ratio wmv file with a png watermark in the bottom right corner. Over ten hours in this case, and not much faster without the watermark! Ths is on a Dell XPS 9300 series dual core 3.0 Ghz processor pc. Anybody getting faster encoding times and what are you using as a workstation?

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Anyone try Cleaner XL 1.5 for Win XP?
on Feb 5, 2007 at 5:48:19 am

Yeah, that sounds about right if you are really pushing the settings. I would recommend setting the complexity to 2 or 3 and see how much that helps encoding times.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]