FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need to change the frame rate fo 70 files from 29.97 to 15..is this possible?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryanservant
I need to change the frame rate fo 70 files from 29.97 to 15..is this possible?
on Jan 30, 2007 at 8:20:14 pm

I need to change the frame rate fo 70 files from 29.97 to 15..is this possible? I don't want to recompress the video codec or anything because I am already at sorenson 3 for a codec. I just want to figure out how to chnage the frame rate of these videos without having to re-compress them yet again.

any help?

please

Ryan

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: I need to change the frame rate fo 70 files from 29.97 to 15..is this possible?
on Jan 30, 2007 at 9:31:28 pm

My first question is; WHY?
Even if you could change the frame rate without recompression (which I doubt), the video would play back at about 20% of the normal speed.
Inquiring minds...

Return to posts index

ryanservant
Re: I need to change the frame rate fo 70 files from 29.97 to 15..is this possible?
on Jan 31, 2007 at 2:08:22 pm

Its a long story

Return to posts index

Danny2007
on Jan 31, 2007 at 12:08:31 pm

You can't change the frame rate without re-compressing and loosing quality.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 31, 2007 at 1:00:30 pm

Part of what a typical codec for web does, is estimate the motion (change) from frame to frame. If you change the frame rate you change the amount of motion between frames. The best way to do this is go back to the source and recompress. Personally I prefer encoding at source frame rates most of the time. If there's a lot of motion in the source, the decreased frame rate looks poor in my opinion. If the source is "talking heads" though dropping to 15fps may be ok though. Keep in mind, cutting the frame rate in half does not necessarily cut the file size in half because the motion (change) from frame to frame is now increasing.

Return to posts index

ryanservant
on Jan 31, 2007 at 2:09:10 pm

I was afraid of going back to the original..but i know i should

Return to posts index

Penalle
on Apr 3, 2007 at 9:56:20 am

You can change the framerate of any avi video with the AVIFRATE.EXE, freely downloadable from the net, but it only changes the speed of the video, and notn the audio, so they desync.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]