FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preferred Encoding Software?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
madmac66
Preferred Encoding Software?
on Jan 18, 2007 at 7:25:34 pm

I am evaluating encoding sofware packages and would like to know what others have found from using them. Looking at Episode and Sorenson Squeeze Suite. Both offer similar formats in and out, and support the most often used formats : QT, WMV, MPEG, Flash. Sorenson seems much more expensive for the same features. Is the price justified? Is there anything standout better for either product?

I primarily need WMV export functions, for SD and HD. I use QT Pro/Compressor for all QT encoding. And Bitvise foe MPEG 2 encoding. I could get Flip4Mac WMV Studio Pro to handle the WMV encoding. But the ability to have one package do all of it is appealing. Is there anything really distinctive to justify a new suite or will F4M Studio be sufficient for my needs?

Thanks for any insight
mm66

Return to posts index

mike velte
Re: Preferred Encoding Software?
on Jan 19, 2007 at 9:19:17 pm

Windows Media Encoder 9 is free and works well...maybe your MAC can be set up with one of the newer Parallel Windows Universes... or an old PC lying around.

http://www.video2stream.com

Return to posts index

Danny2007
Re: Preferred Encoding Software?
on Jan 23, 2007 at 1:43:51 pm

Small point but it gets annoying when so many people are ignorant to the fact Mac is short for Macintosh and MAC is (usually) short for an address relating to networking!

It's a London thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]