FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cleaner 6.5.1 (I hear the groans)

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BrAd S
Cleaner 6.5.1 (I hear the groans)
on Jan 11, 2007 at 12:57:22 am

I'm really really trying to hang onto this product. It used to be the best, it worked will in the past for us...
But now it's very hard to keep it running. And there are other programs, like compressor, that do half of what I used cleaner for.
Is there anyone out there still working with it? Any advice or fun facts you'd like to share?
Anyone know if it is even being worked on by Autodesk?

Right now, by main beef is that it won't encode FLVs anymore using the Macromedia encoder. It ends up with great audio, but only 1 frame per second. The Flix encoder seems to work, but the quality hasn't been as good. And the stand alone Flash Video encoder encodes OK, but I miss the options that Cleaner gives.

Basically, I'm trying to get any comments on this product, as I've search back 3 months, and have seen very little info.

BrAd

Praise to the COW

BrAd Steiner
ImageWorks Media Group

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Cleaner 6.5.1 (I hear the groans)
on Jan 11, 2007 at 3:08:38 pm

I use(d) Cleaner, Squeeze, Episode Pro, Compressor. Get Episode if you want deep control. Get Squeeze for simplicity. Use Cleaner if you like to groan. Compressor isn't bad for free but it's missing lots of stuff.

Return to posts index

TGJohnson
on Jan 12, 2007 at 3:24:58 pm

Episode Pro looks really interesting. Is there anything comparable for PC? I mainly need solid QT files for streaming, MPEG elementaries and some Flash. I've tried Procoder, Squeeze, Cleaner and Compressor (back in the day on the Macs.)

Thanks
Travis Johnson

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Jan 12, 2007 at 3:32:03 pm

ProCoder is the closest for the PC in that price range (sub $500), although there hasn't been an update in almost two years so QT7 support is pretty shoddy. For about $1K though, you can get the new app from the developers of ProCoder, called Carbon. It has much better support for the newer formats that have been released/updated in the past few years.

Return to posts index

TGJohnson
on Jan 12, 2007 at 3:48:27 pm

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Travis Johnson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]