FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Compressor MPEG2

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SBC Editor
Mac Compressor MPEG2
on Jan 9, 2007 at 4:52:52 pm

Can anyone help, I am having a delima. I am using mac compressor 2 to try and make mpeg2 files. While it has no problem creating an M2V file, there is no sound that comes along with it. when I try and compress it to an MTS file (supposedly with sound) the mac then dosn't recognize it as a working file. I just want my MPEG2 format files to have working sound on them. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Mac Compressor MPEG2
on Jan 9, 2007 at 6:27:28 pm

.m2v is an extension for MPEG-2 video elementary streams. What you want to likely encode to is a .mpeg, .mpg, .ts, or .m2t. What is probably happening on your encodes from Compressor is that you are compressing to elementary .m2v and .aiff or .ac3 streams. If you were to mux the .m2v and .aiff streams together and play this back in QT, you would hear audio. But if you mux .m2v and .ac3 together, then you would not hear audio as QT for some continued assinine reason doesn't read AC3 tracks in MPEG program or transport streams.

In order to mux the elementary streams together, I would suggest using MPEG StreamClip. Its free and as long as the .m2v and .ac3 or .aiff have the same file names, it will automatically recognize the two and mux them together so that you can export a valid .mpeg stream. To verify the audio is in the resulting .mpeg, either open the file back up in MPEG StreamClip or VLC and play it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]