FORUMS: list search recent posts

mpeg-1 import to FCP

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Rhodes
mpeg-1 import to FCP
on Jan 8, 2007 at 8:40:22 pm

I need to import to FCP some stock footage that came to me as an mpeg-1 file with the audio embedded in the video. I have tried a straight import but I lose the sound, I have tried a variety of options in Quicktime Pro with no luck. I have tried MpegStreamclip with no better success.

Any ideas?

Peter Rhodes
Boston, MA

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: mpeg-1 import to FCP
on Jan 8, 2007 at 9:14:43 pm

In MPEG StreamClip, export the clip to Quicktime and make sure to enable to audio. Really shouldn't be any problem if you do that and can then play the file back in QT and hear audio.

Return to posts index

Peter Rhodes
on Jan 9, 2007 at 1:54:05 am

Actually, that process doesn't work because with mpeg-1 the audio is embedded and sort of invisible. But I now know that what you need to do is use Mpeg StreamClip to demux to mpeg2 with aiff audio. You end up with the 2 separate files - and m2v and an AIFF but at least I now can import the audio.

Peter Rhodes
Boston, MA

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Jan 9, 2007 at 5:32:48 pm

No, MPEG StreamClip will demux the audio and video automatically when exporting from MPEG-1 to QT. I have done this many a number of times and it has always worked. Maybe there is some issue with your file, but this does definitely work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]