H.264 Codec?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd
H.264 Codec?
by
on Jan 5, 2007 at 12:28:11 am

Hey all,

I had some questions about the H.264. I know if you DL the free QT 7 it comes with it, but as I now understand that QT7 isn't compatible with After Effects. Is there anywhere to get just the 264 codec for free? I want to use it to compress some vids for a web site (they would like it compressed with 264). I don't care too much for the quality and size I'm getting with the standard mpeg4 that comes with Premiere Pro 2 in the media encoder. Any help, thoughts?

thanks,

Todd

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: H.264 Codec?
on Jan 5, 2007 at 10:03:52 pm

If you just want to encode H.264 compatible video, there are a number of options. Assuming you are using a mac, Flip4Mac Episode, Sorenson Squeeze, and even shareware apps like VisualHub can encode H.264. There is also a QT exporter codec called x.264 that I believe works with QT6. As far as playing back H.264 with an app other than QT7, try the latest version of VLC.

Return to posts index

Todd
by
on Jan 7, 2007 at 7:47:51 pm

Thanks. I'm on a pc though, but I will look into it.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Jan 8, 2007 at 8:45:57 pm

The x264 codec is still a good option on the PC. There are also plenty of other H.264 encoders on the PC as well. If you are looking for a professional H.264 encoder with tons of options, then I would suggest the encoder from MainConcept.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]