FORUMS: list search recent posts

mux problem with BitVice Helper

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tugs M. MacCow
mux problem with BitVice Helper
on Jan 4, 2007 at 10:07:04 am

Hi, I don't normally subscribe to this post, but thought someone here might be able to help.
This is a copy of a post I've made to the M100 group.

Odd behaviour I've not encountered before:

I export my program from M100 as a QuickTime file. When I go to encode it in BitVice, it comes back with a message saying:

"BitVice can not decide which frame rate to use. QuickTime reports 22.14 frames/Sec in this movie, which is not compatible with this MPEG2 compressor. Please, tell BitVice the correct frame rate to use in the "Advanced" settings."

But when the BitVice window comes up, it's set to 25 fps as it should be (I live in the PAL universe). The encode then proceeds normally.

I then go to mux it with Helper. When I do so, no matter what I try, the resulting file has a soundtrack about 1/2 second behind the picture.

I'm using M100 7.5.1 on a G4 -- yes, I know it's antiquated, but it works -- and BitVice Lite 1.5.2. Can anyone shed any light on my problem -- preferably soon, as I have a job due tomorrow. Thanks very much in advance.

Return to posts index

Tugs M. MacCow
Re: mux problem with BitVice Helper
on Jan 4, 2007 at 4:28:56 pm

Problem solved. Seems to have been interference between two compressors. Exporting uncompressed has cleared it up.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Jan 8, 2007 at 9:18:58 pm

Also, there is really no reason you should be using 1.5.2. You should definitely update to 1.6 if you in fact own a real license for BitVice as it includes many fixes for reading QT movies.

Return to posts index

madmac66
on Jan 18, 2007 at 7:44:59 pm

there is no 1.6 for BV G4 lite. 1.5.2 was EOL for that product. You can pay $216 to upgrade to 1.7 but who wants to do that. The lite version works just fine.

mm66

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]