FORUMS: list search recent posts

compression software advice???? AGAIN

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Greene
compression software advice???? AGAIN
on Dec 6, 2006 at 3:02:20 am

HI there,

I've done a bunch of searching and research but are now more undecided than ever.

I'm hoping that new software might give better quality compressions (I generally only use the templates in compressor, FCP and quicktime).

After reading around it's very confusing as to what software I should go with. I want to be able to output to quicktime, windows media, MPEG and maybe Flash (not critical).

I'm looking at Cleaner V6.5, Episode and Sorenson Squeeze.

I'm on Mac of course. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Wes Greene
Re: compression software advice???? AGAIN
on Dec 6, 2006 at 3:44:44 am

more info -

Main reason for compressions is to take edited HD material (HDV and XDCAM HD originated) and send clients compressed versions for them to review - save me a long drive or sending a DVD.
I'll also be posting these compressions on various websites for clients.

Batch processing and using templates is really valuable as it allows me to output a whole number of formats with little work.

Just downloading a trial of Episode to see how that works.

Return to posts index

paul
Sorenson works for me.
by
on Dec 6, 2006 at 7:12:13 pm

I haven't used anything but the Sorenson Suite, although I've been very happy with it. They've just released a product to deal with HD you may find interesting (haven't used that either), but version 4.3 of the Suite has been a great workhorse of a program for me.

Easy UI and it does what it advertises.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Dec 6, 2006 at 11:40:31 pm

IMO, the app that will best complement your current software is Episode. Squeeze may be easier to use, but I Episode is much more powerful in terms of options and tools.

Return to posts index

Wes Greene
on Dec 8, 2006 at 12:39:16 am

Thanks guys,

I've ended up purchasing Episode. Looks like it does everything I need and seems really really fast.

My only problem now is trying to compress 16:9 footage and maintaining it's apsect ratio. Trying to work it out.

Thanks for the advice - love the COW.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Dec 8, 2006 at 3:52:00 am

How so?

Return to posts index

Wes Greene
on Dec 15, 2006 at 5:23:37 am

Hi Charles,

Sorry slow response been away and busy busy.

16:9 issue all sorted just had to learn what I was doing - without reading the instructions of course.

Episode has been great. It's very fast and I like the way you can still work in Episode whilst it's doing compressions.

Is there an Episode forum at all???
I'd love to lern more on working out optimum settings for different desired results.

cheers
wes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]