FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 2, converting HDV 720p apple intermedia codec to 16:9 DVD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tinokiev
Compressor 2, converting HDV 720p apple intermedia codec to 16:9 DVD
on Nov 27, 2006 at 11:57:47 pm

Hi,
I am having a really weird problem trying to convert a short film. I edited on FCP 5.0 using Apple intermediac codec 720p at 24f (JVCHD-100E) captured throught HDVxDV.

I exported from final cut using no quicktime conversion, to a self contained file that plays ok on quicktime, but when i try converting it with compressor, it takes 1 or 2 hours, it converts the sound sucefully to aiff, but at the end when creating the mv2 says it failed. I tried using different codecs, fastest encode, best quality. pal, ntsc, 720p... nothing works..

Tired of trying with the whole clip because it took ages to do the convertion. I exported just 30 seconds using the same process (self contained file no quicktime convertion) and voila it worked on compressor.

I dont really want to export and convert 30 seconds bits and pieces. I don't know if it has to do with the content of the short film (effects and stuff) but i douby it cause is a separate self contained video file.... Or if it is a matter of ram or disk space... Why compressor woudlnt take the whole lot ?... anyone have any insights ?

I am running on
Mac 2ghz G5 powerPC
1.5 gig SDRAM
Hard drive: 4 gigs free
Running the files from external fireware harddrives.
Compressor ver 2.0
FCP pro 5.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]