FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem importing DEMUX mpeg2 m2v into DVD studio pro 4.1

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Glusic
Problem importing DEMUX mpeg2 m2v into DVD studio pro 4.1
on Nov 25, 2006 at 4:46:17 pm

Wonder if anyone has an idea why DVD studio pro 4.1.1 won't import my mpeg 2 m2v file. I had Laser pacific encode my high definition program into a mpeg 2 transport stream for DVHS use and I want to use the TP stream file for distribution to Blue-ray. I used MPEG Stream clip program to demux the TS stream to a M2V file and I used the head version to DEMUX the stream but studio pro crashed after I try to import the M2V file. The M2V file plays back fine in VLC but not in quicktime. I bought the apple MPEG 2 playback download but quicktime still won't play the file. Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Bob Glusic
Wilderness Video

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Problem importing DEMUX mpeg2 m2v into DVD studio pro 4.1
on Nov 27, 2006 at 8:59:18 pm

Any reason why you chose the headed demux option? I would have just chosen the standard demux to m2v option. The headed option is only intended for if you want to make that asset compatible with standard dvd players. But in my experience, even if you are able to get it to work in DVD SP (which isn't guaranteed), the resulting disc will only play for a few seconds on a STB. I imagine you are trying to burn a red-laser HD DVD with DVD SP, and in such case I would recommend the standard demux method. Just remember that you can't build any menus if you want compatibility with the Toshiba STBs.

Return to posts index

Peterd
on Nov 28, 2006 at 9:08:15 pm

Is it jsut this m2v file that causes DVDSP to crash? There's a somewhat common bug that causes crashes when clicking on m2v files in the finder or in file windows.

Return to posts index

robert glusic
on Nov 29, 2006 at 4:23:20 am

Thanks,
I've only tried this m2v file and another that was also demuxed from a transport stream which also crashes. Even quicktime crashes when loading these files. I bought the apple mepg 2 player component but no luck. I would just like to know that these high quality demux mpeg files will work when I get a blue ray authoring program or the updated DVD studio pro.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
on Jan 3, 2007 at 7:27:58 pm

The crashing in finder might be fixed by not letting Finder display the preview of the file. Also changing default program to open to Quicktime. Look for answer on Apple support discussions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]