FORUMS: list search recent posts

some advise

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john c
some advise
on Nov 13, 2006 at 9:13:25 pm

Hello,

I wonder if I can get some advice. I want to encode files out of Motion which I primarily made up of pictures and animation. I want to use the encoder to create WMV, 3gp, Ipod, and H264 files. I only have Compressor 1.2 and bit-vice right now. My question is should I get the Episode encoder which cost $400, or use the money to upgrade to the current Final Cut Studio and buy Flip4mac encoder? I read somewhere that the Episode encoder does better 3gp and WMV encodes then Compressor with Filp4Mac. Is the quality difference worth the cost of getting the separate Episode encoder, or is it better to put the money into the studio upgrade where my other applications will be upgraded as well. The quality of the encode is very important to me so I am willing to pay if there is enough of a difference.

Thanks

Return to posts index

daniel_l
Re: some advise
on Nov 14, 2006 at 1:59:15 pm

I'd go with Episode Pro

Video AllSorts

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: some advise
on Nov 15, 2006 at 7:44:29 pm

Yeah, since Episode is now owned by Telestream which also owns the Flip4Mac brand, it is only a matter of time until the best parts of the F4M WMV encoder series is integrated into Episode. Personally, I am quite fond of Episode's current WMV encoding capabilities, especially its speed compared to the standalone components, but I do understand the reasoning for those who prefer the output of F4M. As far as your other formats, Episode is definitely the best way to go, as it has the best MPEG-4 encoders on the market for 3GPP and iPod. And there is now a very capable H264 encoder in the latest release.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]