FORUMS: list search recent posts

TITLES STRETCHING ON COMPRESSOR OUTPUT!?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sammyg
TITLES STRETCHING ON COMPRESSOR OUTPUT!?
on Nov 2, 2006 at 10:13:22 pm

** THIS IS ALSO POSTED IN THE FINAL CUT PRO FORUM **

I'm editing a DVCPRO HD 1080i60 project in Final Cut Pro 5.0.4 right now that I'm regularly compressing to H.264 960x540 movies for client approval.

I'm exporting directly from my FCP timelines via the "EXPORT --> VIA COMPRESSOR" pulldown to save space and to save time, but I do believe I'm running into a bug. Although the footage itself is compressing and resizing perfectly, my effects and titles are getting vertically stretched.

By effects, I'm specifically referring to a Time Code generator that I'm putting on footage and a rotation effect that I put on one of the shots that got stretched in a bizzarre uncomprehensable way.

Anyway, I'm guessing the only way around this bug is to export a FCP reference / selfcontained movie and compress that instead, but that's a lot more time and (if the reference movie doesn't work) a lot more space to deal with, so I was wondering if there's another kind of work around.... (maybe rendering out just the problem areas, but w/ a TCG Generator that would be a lot of rendering...).

Any help would be much appreciated. Here's all my specs:

OS X 10.4.8
FCP 5.0.4
--> 1080i60 - 23.98fps - 1920x1080 (true resolution 1280x1080)
Blackmagic Extreme Card (w/ latest drivers)
Compressor 2.0.1
--> H.264 (w/ various settings)
--> 960x540

Thanks!
Sam Goetz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]