FORUMS: list search recent posts

All-in-One choices??

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd at UCSB
All-in-One choices??
on Oct 24, 2006 at 5:02:23 am

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times, so please forgive me (i did look through previous posts)

Any program and/or hardware stand out as a clear choice for realtime and batch encoding for both QT AND Windows.

I have Cleaner 6 & XL (which CAN'T do h264) Neither can Procoder. I usually use Broadcaster when I want to create QT files in realtime or Compresser if I want multipass. And Windows Media player when I want realtime .wmv

But we are getting more clients that want both? (I thought we were getting away from this!!)
So, I'd like to create ONE system that could 'do-it-all'

QT h.264 AND Windows 9 AND Realtime AND Batch AND Multipass AND (maybe) at the same time??

I've heard about Digital Rapids - possibly?
Sorenson - close?

Any others?

Thanks,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: All-in-One choices??
on Oct 24, 2006 at 6:04:01 am

DR is probably your best bet. There is also Telestream Episode Workgroup (formally Popwire Compression Engine) which will do this via very efficient node encoding.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: All-in-One choices??
on Oct 28, 2006 at 11:29:10 pm

Todd,

If you buy Flip4Mac WMV Studio ($49) or WMV Studio Pro ($99) all of your Quicktime apps including FCP, Compressor, etc. will be able to export WMV files. Flip4Mac works great and its cheap, so, if all you need is a software compressor with batch capabilities Flip4Mac will make enable you to output everything you need.

DRW

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Post-production Supervisor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]