FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Compressor - Web Streaming

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pauldan
Apple Compressor - Web Streaming
on Oct 22, 2006 at 5:03:57 am

I am having a strange problem with apple compressor...at least, I think it is with Compressor. When I send a Final Cut Pro project through Compressor, I use the Quicktime 7, 300Kbs, H.264 compression. After the jobs are complete, I play the files to make sure that they work. My problem arises when the compressed videos are linked on my website by my web developer. Some of the files play fine and others give me an error that there it is an "unknown file type" when quicktime opens to play the video. All of the video projects are compressed the exact same way. Some of them work when they are linked on the website and some of them do not. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Apple Compressor - Web Streaming
on Oct 24, 2006 at 5:45:24 am

Are you exporting to a .mp4 or .mov? .mp4 is better for true streaming, like when using a QT Streaming Server. But if you want to embed the video into a web page and use progressive downloading, I would suggest .mov. You can still use your current and any future encodes with the settings you have used thus far, just make sure you open the movie in QT first and then do a Save As. This will write the file as a QT movie and you should be set. Also, you need to make sure your client machine that is trying to play the movie has at least QT 7 installed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]