FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flip4Mac to combine WMVs problem

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed
Flip4Mac to combine WMVs problem
by
on Oct 18, 2006 at 10:05:02 pm

I have 4 wmvs that I wanted to join into one file. I used Flip4Mac to open the WMVs in QT (that part
worked fine), but after combining the 4 wmvs (copying and pasting just like I do in QTPro with QT)s,
I can't save the resulting file as anything but .mov. I thought I'd be able to join the wmvs
and save the resulting file as the wmv that the files already were. Am I missing something?
After combining the 4 videos, I can play the combined video in WMPlayer (the F4M player),
and the video plays in QuickTime. I dragged the file over my Microsoft Windows Media Player
shortcut, which is the way to reassociate wmvs to Windows Media Player (again, Microsoft). So
now the combined file has the MS Windows Media logo, and if I click on it, it opens in MS WMP,
but only the segment that existed before adding the other videos were added. If I do a "Open With", and select
the F4M WMP, it shows all 4 combined videos in one file. All I want to
do is save that as the wmvit is. Any advice?
Ed

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Flip4Mac to combine WMVs problem
on Oct 19, 2006 at 3:32:42 am

Check out this post from a few days ago: http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=20&postid=8...
No, F4M does not have a pass-through mode to combine and rewrite WMV files. But there is an app for the PC that can somewhat accomplish what you need to do.

Return to posts index

Ed
by
on Oct 19, 2006 at 5:07:18 am

Thanks Charles,
I've found a few freeware and shareware utilities that will do what I want (I think)
on a PC, but since I've gone completely Mac I can't use them.
Ed

Return to posts index

tankboy
on Oct 21, 2006 at 7:34:22 am

Ed I think you might have to upgrade to F4M pro, or studio or something to do this. I've found F4M player effective for opening WMV in QT etc. But as soon as you start wanting to do anything with the clips like edit or compile them you need to spend some cash. But others probably know a few tricks I don't.

Cheers
tb

Return to posts index

Ed
by
on Oct 22, 2006 at 5:58:49 pm

I have Studio.
Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved