FORUMS: list search recent posts

apple compressor mpg-2 settings / workflow

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom adams
apple compressor mpg-2 settings / workflow
on Oct 18, 2006 at 8:09:27 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to export from final cut pro using compressor. I want to make an mpg-2 file at the smallest file size possible without too much compression artifiacts. I'm not familair with compressor's layout and don't really "get" the interface. I plan on "reading the manual" but I really would appreciate some down and dirty tips on an efficient worklfow... to make a small mpeg-2 file asap. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Tom Adams - Director/Owner
Reelife Documentary Productions
"cool digital video stuff...not boring or dumb"
info@reelifeproductions.com http://www.reelifeproductions.com
Williamsburg, MA, USA

1.4Ghz DP mirrordoor G4
OS10.4.3, FCP 5.0.3
Panasonic DVX100a & EZ1

Return to posts index

Peterd
Re: apple compressor mpg-2 settings / workflow
on Oct 23, 2006 at 7:37:49 pm

I found it's interface to be a bit odd when I use it myself. The basic procedure is:

Setup your output in a sequence in FCP
Go to File > Export > Using Compressor
The Compressor window will open with your sequence listed
You should see the small box with "click to apply a setting" next to the sequence name.
Click the box and it'll give you a popup menu with a long list of options. Select "DVD Fast Encode" or "DVD Best Encode" depending on the quality you need. There's multiple options based on time and aspect ratio of your sequence. In the next submenu over simply select "all'.
You'll go back ot the main compressor window with three things listed under setting now. Click the each box under destination and select where you want the file to go.
When that's done press submit and the batch monitor winodw will open and show the progress of the encoding.

You can tweak the settings quite a bit in compressor but the bulk of the time the basic ones will work fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]