FORUMS: list search recent posts

saturation problems during compression for dvd authoring

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blue Dog
saturation problems during compression for dvd authoring
on Sep 30, 2006 at 12:45:23 am

hi. i'm having major color issues trying to get my color corrected film onto a dvd without looking awful and oversaturated. i'm working with a quicktime master which was exported from FCP, 10 bit uncompressed, 23.98 non-drop frame. from there we've taken the qt into dvd studio pro and the results are terrible. so much yellow is bleeding out the skin tones look like oompa-loompas. but, the digi-beta master looks great on an ntsc professional monitor, and the dvd's look correct on a computer lcd monitor. i've tried 4 different tv's with 4 different dvd players and they all look bad. so- can anyone recommend the best settings for me to use in compressor to try and solve this issue? also, should i use the finished qt in compressor, or should i take it back into FCP and export from FCP using compressor? or is there something else i should be trying? THX!

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: saturation problems during compression for dvd authoring
on Oct 3, 2006 at 3:23:18 am

The only thing that I can think of that might help is using an app like Episode (Compression Master) and either encoding to MPEG-2 with it or first converting the source from 10bit to 8bit there and then using Compressor to encode to MPEG-2. Compressor could be having an issue with the 10bit to 8bit color conversion, and Episode does a much better job in this regard than QT.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]