FORUMS: list search recent posts

NTCS to PAL

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
unik1021
NTCS to PAL
on Sep 27, 2006 at 11:08:13 am

Hi!

I'm working on a project with mixed formats (ntcs and pal), and the output is going to be PAL.

I tried to convert with comperssor 2, but i didn't look good...
The helpfiles are not very helpful, anyone who could explain how to do this?

All the material is DV.

Appericiate all help!

kib

Return to posts index

epontius
Re: NTCS to PAL
on Sep 27, 2006 at 2:03:00 pm

You might do a search. Conversions have been covered at length on the COW. Methods will vary depending on what tools you have access to, what budget you have, etc...
The best way, but more expensive why is to take the tape to a dub house that specializes in standards conversion. They have dedicated hardware that will be able to accomplish this better than other methods. They'll give you a tape that is in your standard (PAL) which can then be edited as usual. If your final material is going to broadcast, this is your best bet.

If you budget is to light to be able to afford that, there are some software packages that might be better than others at doing standards conversion. Canopus Procoder on the PC side does an excellent job at NTSC/PAL (and vice versa) conversions. If you can find someone you know that has it, that might solve your problem.

Like I said, this has been covered at length, do a search on the COW, find out what will work for you with what you have available.

Erik

Return to posts index

unik1021
on Sep 27, 2006 at 3:44:30 pm

I've searched the forum, but couldn't find anything that answered my question.

I've read many places that conversion 2 can do it, and my budget is basically nothing. If it turns out compressor can't, then some other solution must be found.

Return to posts index

rafalaos
on Sep 28, 2006 at 5:39:19 am

Hi Unik,
If you want to get a god conversion NTSC to PAL with Compressor, you must set the "Frame control" to CUSTOM.
I would recomend you not to "resize" your clips. What I mean is to make a PAL movie but 720x480 (or 486). The process will be easier (and mostly faster) for Compressor to do it. You can resize in FC, although resizing your Image (in FC or Compressor) will make loos some quality because must to be enlarged from 480 to 576.
Any way in the Compressor Inspector, set the "Retaiming Control" to "Better: Motion compensated.
Whichever is the system you use, the image will look a bit "jumpy", because your throwing away images (5 per second).
Salud,
rafael

Return to posts index

daniel_l
on Sep 28, 2006 at 5:29:00 pm

This is the next best thing after a professional hardware standards converter:

http://www.nattress.com/Products/standardsconversion/standardsconversion.ht...

Video AllSorts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]