FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing to .flv

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryanservant
Compressing to .flv
on Sep 18, 2006 at 3:27:21 pm

i want to compress to .flv I have had great results from using the stand alone flash exporter that comes from macromedia. I would prefer to use sorenson because I need to use My PC laptop to export the .flv files though. Does anyone know of any advantages or disadvantages of using sorenson instead of macromedia stand alone exporter?

thanks

G5 quad
FCP HD
2 gigs ram

Ryan Servant
SuperNova Inc

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Compressing to .flv
on Sep 18, 2006 at 5:55:33 pm

For standard FLV encoding, the Sorenson Spark Codec is very good. The Pro version in Squeeze offers some features over the Standard version from Macromedia, but overall I wouldn't expect differences of leaps and bounds if you are already happy with what you are getting. The On2 FLV codec however is a different story. You can save about half of your bandwidth with nearly the same quality as with the Standard FLV encoder. The option to save bandwidth or increase quality at the current bandwidth makes the On2 codec very appealing. Squeeze offers the On2 codec for additional $$$, but it is a very slow non-optimized implementation of it. For best results, I would recommend buying the On2 codec directly from On2 with their Flix app or buy Flip4Mac Episode and the FLV encoder that can be purchased separately.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Compressing to .flv
on Sep 23, 2006 at 2:19:25 pm

The On2 FLV encoding in Episode is blazing fast compared to Squeeze. I do like Squeeze's including FLV player though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]