FORUMS: list search recent posts

and apple compressor experts out there?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scalvidgal
and apple compressor experts out there?
on Sep 15, 2006 at 5:24:32 am

I'll make this quick and easy... have a 16:9 project that I want to encode to an mp4... when I export it from FCP as "current settings" (DV NTSC anamorphic) then bring it into compressor, it never encodes to that aspect ratio! Instead it squishes it which looks rediculous. I went into some of the settings in compressor and made something anamorphic or 16:9 on a second attempt and it still was squished. what gives? I want it to be widescreen on the web!

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: and apple compressor experts out there?
on Sep 23, 2006 at 6:34:13 pm

Your source is 720x480 anamorphic. For web, you'll need 853x480 with square pixels. That conversion makes it look correct on computer monitor.

Duplicate one of the MPEG-4 settings and modify it. Go to Geometry tab. Set frame size to custom. Set Contrain to Display Aspect to 16:9. Set Pixel Aspect to Square. Move back up and set height to 480. You'll end up with 853x480 size in the setting. Apply this to your source and go.

Final Cut Studio, FCP 5.1.1, After Effects 6.5 Pro, Quicktime 7, G5 Quad 2.5, Kona-LHe V3, 4.5 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7800-GT, G-RAID 1TB FW800.

Return to posts index

scalvidgal
Re: and apple compressor experts out there?
on Sep 23, 2006 at 6:52:13 pm

Wow!!! thanks!!! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]