FORUMS: list search recent posts

Swfs from HD UNCOMPRESED

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aaron sheddrick
Swfs from HD UNCOMPRESED
on Sep 14, 2006 at 12:11:56 am

How do I get swfs at 1366x768 to look great and play full screen on a Plasma screen without stutter. This is coming from HD Uncompressed video content, not Vector GFX.

Heres the catch...

The video must start at a 555x312 dimension; which when you click on goes full screen (1366x768).

I can't use progress bars...

and It cant be streaming.

The client wants it to play smooth, not look bitsy, and download quickly.

Any ideas? Any Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Swfs from HD UNCOMPRESED
on Sep 14, 2006 at 5:53:21 am

Flash HD? From a Video source??? Not worth it IMHO. The kind of system that it would take to play that back would have to be a very powerful system. Flash has a difficult time playing back well at even 640x480, so imagine the issues with content at three and half times that resolution is going to do.

With that said, there is a difference in having a Flash video that is 555x312 natively, and then is scaled to full screen by the player. This would be much safer. To get this encoded in high quality, you would need to use the On2 encoder. Telestream Episode (formerly Popwire Compression Master) has an excellent implementation of the codec for an additional fee.

Return to posts index

aaron sheddrick
Re: Swfs from HD UNCOMPRESED
on Sep 28, 2006 at 5:42:27 pm

I actually got great results xporting flvs staright out of a FCP 5.0 HD Sequence at 1025x576frame size. All you need is a system with FCP and Macromedia Flash on it. The results were awesome!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]