FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression Master is now Episode / Episode Pro

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Seeman
Compression Master is now Episode / Episode Pro
on Sep 13, 2006 at 11:31:46 pm

Not sure if anyone noticed this or if it made Cow news but Compression Master is now Episode / Episode Pro.

You can get free upgrade at Popwire website
http://www.popwire.com/
Flip4Mac site has more info
http://www.flip4mac.com/episode.htm

Return to posts index

Patrick Inhofer
Re: Compression Master is now Episode / Episode Pro
on Sep 16, 2006 at 12:12:44 am

[Craig Seeman] "Not sure if anyone noticed this or if it made Cow news but Compression Master is now Episode / Episode Pro."

Craig,

Have you given it a spin?

Does this look like a re-branding or are there feature enhancements?

- pi

Patrick Inhofer

editor, compositor, nice guy

Fini, nyc

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 16, 2006 at 9:24:46 am

I was able to start playing with it a few days before its release. I'd use Compression Master and had been a beta tester for Flip4Mac Export. Episode Pro adds support for GXF, MXF and IMX output and MPEG2 transport streams (.ta). Pro also includes unliimited batch processing and the ability to work in server based situations although I haven't tried the later. I think there's also some additions to "mobile/cell phone" type support. It's not a major major change. It's gone from version 4.0.2 of Compression Master to 4.1.1 of Episode. Episode is around $400 and Pro is in the $800 to $900 range so the later seems geared towards facility/large scale processing as a big selling point. All in all it's a .1 update with major improvements in scalability.

Return to posts index

CompressionQuickie
on Nov 28, 2006 at 3:43:20 am

I have a copy of Episode Pro.. It doesn't seem like its worth the money that was paid for. Unlike Compression Master, where you have unlimited licenses for multiple computers, Episode Pro only allows 2 licenses. I really am thinking Squeeze 4.5 is a much better app for compression, especially with the Watch Folder that's included for automating batch processing.

However, rumor has it that a new Episode Pro version will surface over the next couple of weeks and will allow VOB input which isn't being offerred by any competitor right now.

By the way, does anyone have Compression Engine?? Is it me, or is $6,500 for a Watch Folder not worth it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]