FORUMS: list search recent posts

procoder 2.0 trial

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
duffbeer911
procoder 2.0 trial
on Sep 5, 2006 at 6:13:30 am

hi everyone -

after much grief with Squeeze we want to give ProCoder a go to see if it can fill our requirements. But I downloaded the trial from the website and it appears to be v1.25 not v2.0. Is there much difference? My main concern is watch folders and I can't seem to find an option for watch folders in this version. After the problems I'm having with sorenson squeeze I really want to make sure this will work within our workflow and will not purchase it unless I can be sure. Maybe someone with Procoder can share their experiences, specifically this is our requirement:

we have an X-SAN fibre network with a number of macs running FCP/AE/photoshop/all the usual video gear. We also have one PC. This PC needs to look at watch folders on the X-SAN and encode large video files as they come in. Some files could be up to 30Gig, and more importantly we would be copying numberous amounts of files at once. So we could have 10 watch folders set up at the same time, some doing wmv, some doing MPEG-2 and some doing QT. Anyone on the X-SAN should be able to copy files into the watch folders and let the PC encode while they continue work.

Squeeze should be able to do this, but it appears to have problems copying from mac to pc....

anyways, any advice would be great.
Thanks

Return to posts index

duffbeer911
Re: procoder 2.0 trial
on Sep 12, 2006 at 6:50:14 am

ok, so I found out there isn't a trial version of Procoder 2.0. and without a trial I'm not going to risk the purchase...... oh well.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]