FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a modern quicktime codec that doesn't auto gamma correct?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mattness
Is there a modern quicktime codec that doesn't auto gamma correct?
on Aug 16, 2006 at 3:52:32 pm

I have a Director program that is going into a kiosk environment, and I am trying to find the right quicktime codec to compress my video. In the director program (which is 1024x768) I have a number of full screen animation/video wipes that were done in After Effects. I am trying to encode these such that they seemlessly transition out of the current director screen into the next one. Mpeg 4 and H264 look great in terms of quality, but they both contain auto gamma correction which is causing a color shift so the background changes color when it switches to the quicktime movie. I can find no way to disable this auto gamma correction. File size is not an issue as this program will be playing on a dedicated machine. I can almost use lossless animation compression but it stutters occasionally. (Cranking down the quality makes it look much worse, and actually seems to make it stutter more). Older codecs (like Sorenson 3) don't have the color issue, but the quality even on best is not as good as Mpeg4 or H264. Can someone reccommend a good codec to use?

Thanks

-Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]