FORUMS: list search recent posts

more squeeze grief :-(

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
duffbeer911
more squeeze grief :-(
on Aug 13, 2006 at 10:43:31 pm

hi guys - me again with more Sorenson Squeeze trouble.

So as you may have read, we have a PC that only has squeeze on it. This is our encoding box. It has watch folders set up on our X-SAN server. So we just copy the source files into the watch folders and they should do their thing. And so far most of the time they have. We copy a file here and there and its fine. Now ive hit a problem where i want to copy about 20 large DV files (about 8Gig each) into a watch folder and have then encode into MPEG-2. BUT....

If I just copy them all at once while squeeze is watching, squeeze creates these zero kB files in the completed source, then in the completed output puts one or two files for each encode, both differing in length.

If I copy all of the files into the watch folder while squeeze is not watching, then start squeeze, it works fine. Except defeats the purpose of watch folders.

Has anyone else had experience with squeeze getting confused over lots of large files being copied into watch folders? Id like to find out if it is a squeeze problem, or maybe a problem with how our network is set up.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: more squeeze grief :-(
on Aug 13, 2006 at 11:37:44 pm

Likely a Squeeze issue. Why don't you just save yourself these headaches and buy ProCoder and be done with it?

Return to posts index

duffbeer911
Re: more squeeze grief :-(
on Aug 14, 2006 at 3:14:05 am

i will look into ProCoder....... unfortunately just spent money on Squeeze so may not have it in budget...... argh, stupid me

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]