FORUMS: list search recent posts

squeeze can't make a .AVI ????

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
duffbeer911
squeeze can't make a .AVI ????
on Aug 4, 2006 at 7:52:30 am

hi all - we run all macs, except we have a PC with squeeze 4.3 on it just for encoding. I've been asked to make a .AVI, which I thought should be pretty straight forward, but squeeze doesn't have an option for .avi......

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: squeeze can't make a .AVI ????
on Aug 7, 2006 at 4:13:22 pm

What kind of AVI are you looking to make? Compressed or Uncompressed? The best options for AVI creation are Canopus ProCoder and VirtualDub.

Return to posts index

Joe
by
on Aug 8, 2006 at 2:35:05 pm

I use quicktime pro.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Aug 8, 2006 at 2:51:10 pm

The problem with QT Pro is that it only supports the Uncompressed RGB color space and QT 2.0 codecs. Obviously, the AVI format has been hacked to support much more than that in recent years.

Return to posts index

duffbeer911
on Aug 9, 2006 at 12:37:23 am

hi - i just need an AVI that will play on older PCs. Just something crappy like cinepak. previously I would render this straight out of AE on a PC. But currently we only have AE on macs, and squeeze on a PC.

Return to posts index

duffbeer911
on Aug 9, 2006 at 1:32:01 am

well as you suggested it appears to be working out of QT pro - it's just annoying that Squeeze doesn't do it, id really like to set up a custom watch folder with squeeze.....oh well, I guess they figure it is a dead format, but that doesn't really help when real life clients still request .AVIs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]