FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple compressor and error "0"

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Foley
Apple compressor and error "0"
on Jul 28, 2006 at 6:54:10 pm

Hi all

OK -- here's what I've got: brand spankin new G5 dual core 2.3. -- totally virgin top to bottom. Updated all the way. Brand new install of Final Cut Studio crossgrade -- the latest and greatest -- also updated all the way. Everything here is squeaky clean -- no stray code floating around anywhere from any previous applications.

SO -- the problem is the (I have discovered) dirty little Apple secret that Compressor 2.1.whatever does not like dual processor machines --- every time I try to encode something to mpeg2 it goes a while and then gives me the "quicktime error 0" message.

I've done quite a bit of digging around in these message boards and have only found some older posts claiming that a certain Apple download patch will allow you to shut off one processor -- and then Compressor will work properly. I tried that and no go.

Is this still the latest attempt at a solution? Those posts were several months old -- hard to believe Apple hasn't addressed the issue properly since then. Am I missing something?? Has this problem been corrected -- and maybe it's some other conlict I'm having?

Only other thing on my system at this time is a couple of Lacie big disk extremes -- but they don't "seem" to be creating any disturbance in the Compressor force.

What gives??

Steve

PS -- this thread has been kicking around the Apple boards for a few days -- everyone is baffled. This problem is very common but so far nobody has the magic bullet for it.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Apple compressor and error "0"
on Jul 30, 2006 at 1:56:52 am

What are you encoding? Are you using Ref clips or self contained? Are the clips on the Lacie and are you creating the MPEG-2 back to the Lacie? Did you try sending the MPEG-2 to the internal drive? Did you delete the Compressor prefs (most likely you did). Is it a preset you are using to encode or have you created a new setting? CBR or VBR?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Schackman Films
Re: Apple compressor and error "0"
on Oct 2, 2006 at 12:43:15 pm

Was there a resolution to this issue. I have the same problem? Let me know if you found out anything.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]