FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Help

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
VideoT
Compressor Help
on Jul 24, 2006 at 9:46:43 pm

I recently videoed a dance recital and am now in the process of burning the QT movies to a DVD using DVD Studio Pro. However my file size ends up being 6.6 GB which will not fit on one DVD. I'd like to fit this all on 1 DVD.
I'm new to both DVD Studio Pro and Compressor and would like an idea of how to go about compressing my movies so they will fit.
I've tried compressor and havent had much luck which tells me I'm doing something wrong.
Any suggestions would be immensley appreciated!!
Thanks

Return to posts index

Ed
Re: Compressor Help
by
on Jul 25, 2006 at 2:28:16 am

You've got to give us way more information to get any help. How long is the
video? What have you done so far that gives you a big file? More info.
Ed

Return to posts index

VideoT
on Jul 25, 2006 at 3:22:52 am

There are 2 videos that I am trying to fit on the one DVD. The main video is 2 hours and 27 minutes. The file size of the QT is 1.6 GB. The smaller video is 6 minutes and 26 sec. with a file size of 87MB.

I took the bigger of the 2 and imported it into compressor. I applied the 120 minute setting at the 4:3 to make it an mpeg2 with a 2pass VBR. The result after 20 hours of compressing was a 5.7 GB file that locked up my computer. However, i didn't change the mbps because i wasn't sure what to change them to. It's a SD video not an HD.

The second time i tried to compress the 2 hour video i exported from FCP to compressor but after it was done compressing I couldn't find the file anywhere.

Does this help for someone to help me? I hope.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
on Jul 25, 2006 at 4:12:29 am

The easiest solution would be to use a DVD+R DL. You can fit about 7.9GB on one of those. The next option would be to build your project with the current assets, and then recompress it using something like DVD2OneX. I do this all the time for projects that end up a little over what I originally encoded for and it works like a charm. The third option is to re-encode all assets according to what you can fit on a standard DVD-R by specifying bit rate parameters. The final option that I can think of would be to use iDVD. I believe iDVD might be a really good choice for you and should do a good job.

Here's a calculator to plug in your settings: http://www.3ivx.com/support/calculator/
Use that to calculate bit rate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]