FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help best PP 1.5 plugin to encode DV projects to mpeg w/ auto effects ---fed up with AME

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Squashky
Help best PP 1.5 plugin to encode DV projects to mpeg w/ auto effects ---fed up with AME
on Jun 30, 2006 at 12:20:51 am

Hey

1) i need an encoder plugin that will encode dv projects at decent speeds with effects on it like auto color and such. AME is just basically useless i have tried every thing to get it to work but it just doesn't for me w/ anything i do. i have a budget of less then 200. is that enough for a decent one. could it have a batch rendering where i could say render these 4 projects and wake up the next morning and have them done? The files are 2 hours long and have 1-2 auto filters on them. i have a p4 3.4 @3.6 2 gb and will have a p4d 3.0@3.8 2gb I have looked at procoder basic is it any good or is procoder 2.0 worth the nice price tag.

2) If i can't get a renderer that will render the auto filter are there alternative auto filters that AME can handle it works fine w/o them but i really like to use them without having to go through the 50 some odd clip and set levels for each.

thank you for the help

Return to posts index

Ben Waggoner
Re: Help best PP 1.5 plugin to encode DV projects to mpeg w/ auto effects ---fed up with AME
on Jul 3, 2006 at 6:39:28 pm

ProCoder 2.0.2 is pretty great, and works as a Premiere Pro plugin.

That said, if you're still on 1.5, have you considered upgrading to PPro 2.0? Much improved version of AME in there.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Help best PP 1.5 plugin to encode DV projects to mpeg w/ auto effects ---fed up with AME
on Jul 3, 2006 at 9:29:48 pm

As well, ProCoder Express may be exactly what you are looking for. It has many of the features that its big brother has (the DV portion will definitely have you covered) for a lot less. I don't recall its batch capabilities however.

Also, MainConcept sells a good DV encoder for only $49.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]