FORUMS: list search recent posts

what's the latest advice on Motion Estimate and VBR settings in Compressor 2.0.1 ...

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kirralove
what's the latest advice on Motion Estimate and VBR settings in Compressor 2.0.1 ...
on Jun 29, 2006 at 7:21:47 pm

Does anyone know the best Motion Estimate and VBR settings to use in Compressor 2.0.1 for a 90 min FCP QT movie?

I'm confused because of the following info I found in the same article by Larry Jordan.

"Also, Compressor 2 has problems with both motion estimation and 2-pass VBR. If you are using Compressor 2 make sure to select 1-pass VBR Better and set Motion Estimate to Better. Using Best settings creates very poor video."

But then he also said:

"Remember, 2-pass VBR gives better quality and smaller files, but takes longer to compress. I always use 2-pass because I am always interested in the best quality. This screen shows the settings I use for longer videos."

In the screen picture, he picked "best" for Motion Estimate.

Does anyone have some advice for me regarding these two settings? Thanks so much!!

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: what's the latest advice on Motion Estimate and VBR settings in Compressor 2.0.1 ...
on Jul 3, 2006 at 9:32:43 pm

In Compressor, I try to always leave the Motion Estimation settings to Auto and encode with two-pass VBR, as this will output the best quality encode. I have found way too many bugs with Compressor's motion estimation routines to even think about manually controling them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]