FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Problems

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott Hayes
Compressor Problems
on Jun 29, 2006 at 1:26:17 pm

I have been successfully using Compressor 2 on my Dual G5, clustered with my MBP. These last couple days, I have been trying to export HDV from FCP
to MPEG2 using compressor. The first try, it got one movie right, the other two movies exported as m2v, but all the media was offline. Now, even though I am
selecting my external drives as the output destination, Compressor is filling my boot drive, and I can't find the files. I had 6gb left on it when I tried to
start another batch (this time with self contained movies) after a few minutes, my boot drive had no space left, and I couldn't select my G5 in the cluster
drop down. I have no idea where or what the files are. I need some serious help.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Compressor Problems
on Jul 3, 2006 at 9:37:55 pm

Have you tried non-clustered encodes? I wouldn't recommend multi-noded encoding with Compressor for a few reasons, one of which is because the MPEG-2 encoder is quite speedy on both a G5 and MBP already that it isn't really necessary. The only application of which clustering is useful with Compressor is CBR H.264 encoding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]