FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deinterlacing with Flash 8 Encoder

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Fishback
Deinterlacing with Flash 8 Encoder
on Jun 23, 2006 at 4:14:55 pm

Is there a way to deinterlace footage while encoding flvs using Flash 8 Video Encoder?

John

Dual 2.5 G5 4 gigs RAM OS 10.4.3 QT7.0.3
Dual Cinema 23 Radeon 9800
FCP Studio 5 (FCP5.0.4, DVDSP4.0.2, Comp2.0.1, STP1.0.2)
Huge U-320R 1TB Raid 3 firmware ENG15.BIN
ATTO UL4D driver 3.50
AJA IO driver 2.1 firmware v23-28
SonicStudio HD DAW, Yamaha DM1000, Genelec Monitors

Return to posts index

ArmyofRobots
Re: Deinterlacing with Flash 8 Encoder
on Jun 23, 2006 at 8:07:07 pm

I also have a question about deinterlacing, so I thought I wouuld piggyback my question with yours. I am taking mpegs from archive.org and converting them to .mov with mpeg streamclip. Although the faq on archive.org says that the footage should require no deinterlacing, I seem to get interlaced footage as a result of the conversion. Am I doing anything wrong on the conversion? I choose do not deinterlace, and lower dominance, as the archive.org faq instructs... I just wonder if there's a setting that is automatically chosen that I should uncheck, or something to that effect. Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: Deinterlacing with Flash 8 Encoder
on Jun 26, 2006 at 1:56:49 am

Hmmm...I am wondering if some of your compression questions about Flash 8 encoder would be better answered on the Flash forum...There might be a few more experts over there.

As for the clips from archive.org do not require deinterlacing you can certainly experiment with different settings on short clips to test. This is a big part of encoding...feeding an encoder a certain type of clip and bracketing your settings, much like photography, until you get the best overall output.

I think we all wish encoding was a more precise process, and that the presets always worked, but it just ain't so!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]