FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression Master and BitVice

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
editblog
Compression Master and BitVice
on May 17, 2006 at 6:52:56 pm

Hello! While trying to find the cleanest encode to DVD from my HVX200 HD footage from Final Cut Pro.... I've used Apple' Compressor of course but I'm also testing Compression Master and BitVice.

Compression Master seems to give me lots of muxing errors.... anyone using either (or both!) of these 2 products for mpeg encoding for DVD? What are you results?

Return to posts index

ScottieB
Re: Compression Master and BitVice
on Jun 2, 2006 at 9:29:21 am

I assume you mean muxing errors in DVDSP? I've had the same issues.

I personally really like using BitVice - it gives very nice results at relatively low bitrates - but have found that it isn't worth using unless you have a lot of material that you need to squeeze on one disc and/or have lots of time to turn on extra features and render (overnight, usually).

Return to posts index

editblog
Re: Compression Master and BitVice
on Jun 2, 2006 at 2:04:36 pm

Thanks ScottieB.

The muxing errors do arrive in DVDSP. But it is only on the material encoded by Compression Master. As for BitVice, I was surprised that the quality wasn't near what Compressor did. It was the trial version but I expected better results. I must be doing something wrong.

It seems no one uses Compression Master as I haven't gotten a response on ANY board about it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]