FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cleaner 6.5 and FLV

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Summerall
Cleaner 6.5 and FLV
on May 16, 2006 at 2:19:33 pm

I am trying to encode several longer videos (55-70minutes) from a self-contained QT file exported out of FCP 5.0 to .flv files using cleaner 6.5. Needless to say the manual and Autodesk were of no help. Most of the files get about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through and then I either get an error, usually about not being able to do something with the audio, or Cleaner crashes. This is getting very frustrating since I have someone waiting on these files.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Ken

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
pedrseymour
Re: Cleaner 6.5 and FLV
on May 16, 2006 at 2:46:59 pm

Ken,
Which audio format are you exporting the QT file with? Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

Return to posts index

Ken Summerall
on May 16, 2006 at 5:01:59 pm

QT 7.0.4

Audio keeps defaulting to AMR Narowband. I have tried to force it to stay with MP3. The last few times it keeps going back to AMR, this last time (it is still encoding) it stayed on MP3. maybe that will work, but it is so slow. I am testing Sorenson Squeeze and it seems to be a lot faster.

Thanks
ken

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
pedrseymour
on May 16, 2006 at 5:34:00 pm

Sorenson makes nice .FLV files especially with the On2 codec. I hope this works for you.

Return to posts index

Ken Summerall
on May 17, 2006 at 12:40:28 pm

Tried the demo yesterday with the pro codec (can't get the ON2 codec just yet) and the results were beautiful and fast, much faster than Cleaner. Looks to me like Cleaner is a dead product.

Thanks

Ken

Return to posts index

pedrseymour
on May 17, 2006 at 1:14:50 pm

I think each compression product has it's virtues. Cleaner XL for the PC has great filter and adjustment features. Sorenson 4.3 seems to perform indentically across both PC and the MAC platform. Compressor obviously handles the QT format well and really cranks on the Intel-based MACs. Procoder's my favorite for...yada yada yada.

It would be such a help if we could put together a spreadsheet or database to which we could refer when determining which product and platform combo is best for encoding and transcoding different video formats. Of course, with hardware and software development racing along as it is this would have to be a very "dynamic" matrix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]