FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cleaner 6.5 and error code - 47

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Charles
Cleaner 6.5 and error code - 47
on Apr 24, 2006 at 9:12:02 pm

Using a Dual 2.5 and OS X 10.4.6 and recently upgraded cleaner to 6.5. I get the following in the batch log...
ERROR at 3:29:41 PM: An error occurred while exporting the file (QuickTime Export error). (File busy (ID= -47))
3:29:41 PM: Analysis aborted.
ERROR at 3:29:41 PM: Unable to use QuickTime export. (File busy (ID= -47))

I am creating 3 alternate files and usually get 2 compressed and one fails. All the files a created in FCP, saved in the same manner. This does not happen with all files. I can put 6 files in a batch and 1 or 2 will fail.

Any ideas will be appreciated. I cannot find anything that tells me what a -47 error is.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Rich Rubasch
Re: Cleaner 6.5 and error code - 47
on Apr 25, 2006 at 4:09:44 am

If you are using Reference movies that have a lot of clips, renders etc, you might try exporting a self contained clip and try that. I can definately see any encoder having problems getting thru a batch of ref clips with lots of referencing.

Not sure what error -47 is, but the File Busy note implies it cannot access a file while exporting...is FCP still open while you run the batch? Try quitting FCP and try it again.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Ron Charles
on Apr 25, 2006 at 5:43:36 pm

The movies are self contained and FCP is closed.
An interesting and frustrating note: I read somwhere that -47 might be a file name error. Cleaner does have a limit of 31 characters in an output file name, including the extension. Experimenting, in the Cleaner preferences, I turned off "append setting to file name." I have a movie titled "ExponentialGrowth" way under 31 characters, but it still failed. I shortened it to "ExponGrowth" and it compressed. Yes it works, but with many movies to compress, it is not very scientific.
Thanks for trying...

Return to posts index

Ed
by
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:37:35 pm

-47 error code is: -47 fBsyErr File is busy (delete); Section doing I/O

Here's a link to all Apple error codes (0 to -261): http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=9805
For a lot of the codes, it doesn't help to know what they are, for a few it can point you to a solution.
HTH,
Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]