FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG2 Motion Jitters

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Tinsley
MPEG2 Motion Jitters
on Mar 28, 2006 at 3:37:36 pm

I'm encounting some pretty severe motion jitters on my MPEG2 exports. I've been using a Ligos encoder that's bundled in a Matrox Media Export Dialog within Premier Pro. The video looks fine on an RGB monitor but not on an interlaced NTSC monitor. On the NTSC mon the video anything that is in motion has preceding and "following" jitters. Meaning that the moving object seems to jump ahead of itself by one field then fall behind itself by one field. The result is a horrible stuttering jitter. When you pause the video on the RGB monitor there is a significant amount of COMBING going on on BOTH SIDES of the object. I'm assuming these are fields that are getting confused about when to show up. I've looked for a field order dialog but there is none. Has anyone ever come across this? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: MPEG2 Motion Jitters
on Mar 29, 2006 at 12:08:48 am

Yup, you have your fields reversing. If you are feeding the encoder lower field 720 x 486 footage and it is making 720 x 480 MPEG-2 then the fields get reversed. You need to find a setting in the encoder to either reverse fields or specify what the input is.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]