FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression Master - HDV - export weirdness

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
william
Compression Master - HDV - export weirdness
on Mar 15, 2006 at 2:37:55 pm

Hi all. Here's the situtation: We have several 2-3 minute clips in FCP that were shot and edited in HDV format. Since Compression Master can't handle HDV, we've exported as animation/uncompressed. The file is then dropped into Compression Master so we can make MBR .WMV files. The first few times you compress a file this way, everything is fine. But after compressing the same file several times, suddenly the finished file (the MBR .WMV file) has anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes of black added to the tail.

This has happened on two different machines. I can make it happen with self contained QT, reference QT files. I can make it happen with files exported from the AVID Adrenaline MC, the FCP, whatever. It seems to be an issue with how many times you run the file through Compression Master, because I can make it quit doing it by trashing all the files that need to be compressed, trashing preferences and starting over. But this method is a bit frustrating for obvious reasons.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, has there been any info from Compression Master regarding when they will be able to handle HDV files? We must be the only people on the planet who are trying to turn HDV files into MBR .WMVs (and if I could change that I would). Making uncompressed animation QTs of HDV programs is beginning to kill me.

Yar.

Cheers,
Billy

billy earle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]