FORUMS: list search recent posts

1hour & a half multicam lecture for web from DVCPro50 16:9-30p footage...HELP!!!!!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Baldwin
1hour & a half multicam lecture for web from DVCPro50 16:9-30p footage...HELP!!!!!
on Mar 7, 2006 at 3:07:40 am

Ok I have the same question as everyone else... sorry but your help is so appreciated.

I shot an hour and a half multicam lecture with slides on DVCPro50(16:9 30p); imported via firewire into FCP5; and now I'm exporting for multiple web platforms.

PC - WMP
The WMP file needs to be WM9 at around 1.5-2mbps, at 720x480, 29.97 fps, with never a spike in data rates to over 3mbps.

I can't use Compressor for this right? I have to use Cleaner? But I have to export something out of FCP in order for Cleaner to encode to WMP? For the above specs, is there a preset possible in Cleaner? I need the video big enough for viewing the powerpoint slides I edited into the show. The 50% of original was fine but resolution needed to be good.

Mac - QT
An hour and a half show... So this is only a streaming video not a download? the hour and a half QT800Download I made last night for five hours at 50% of original size is 450MB... People would be downloading that for a year or two but the QT300DL @ 25% is too small to read the fonts... 50% of original is the minimum I can use and I don't know what the QT300DL @ 50% of Original is going to look like yet because it hasn't finished encoding yet...SO....can someone just tell me what QuickTime setting to use?? Thanks. And I know I should choose Streaming not Download Fast start? or Hinted Streaming?

Also what about RealPlayer? Compressor doesn't do that does it? I have to use Cleaner again?

THANKS!!!

Chris Baldwin
Shoulder High Productions
Media of the World; For the World!
http://www.shoulderhigh.com
newsletters@shoulderhigh.com

Return to posts index

Ed
Re: 1hour & a half multicam lecture for web from DVCPro50 16:9-30p footage...HELP!!!!!
by
on Mar 8, 2006 at 4:59:27 am

You can get Flip4Mac StudioPro to compress from Compressor (or FCP and other QT based programs, including Cleaner) to WM9.
If you're using Cleaner 6 on a Mac you can't do WM9 without Flip4Mac. For the QT, if you compress a streaming file, you need to upload
it to a streaming server. For a file you'll be putting up on an HTTP server you can compress it as a progressive download (enable fast start)
so it will start playing as soon as enough of it is downloaded, you don't have to wait for the file to completely download first. Finally, RealPlayer? Yuk!
Ed

[Chris Baldwin] "Ok I have the same question as everyone else... sorry but your help is so appreciated.

I shot an hour and a half multicam lecture with slides on DVCPro50(16:9 30p); imported via firewire into FCP5; and now I'm exporting for multiple web platforms.

PC - WMP
The WMP file needs to be WM9 at around 1.5-2mbps, at 720x480, 29.97 fps, with never a spike in data rates to over 3mbps.

I can't use Compressor for this right? I have to use Cleaner? But I have to export something out of FCP in order for Cleaner to encode to WMP? For the above specs, is there a preset possible in Cleaner? I need the video big enough for viewing the powerpoint slides I edited into the show. The 50% of original was fine but resolution needed to be good.

Mac - QT
An hour and a half show... So this is only a streaming video not a download? the hour and a half QT800Download I made last night for five hours at 50% of original size is 450MB... People would be downloading that for a year or two but the QT300DL @ 25% is too small to read the fonts... 50% of original is the minimum I can use and I don't know what the QT300DL @ 50% of Original is going to look like yet because it hasn't finished encoding yet...SO....can someone just tell me what QuickTime setting to use?? Thanks. And I know I should choose Streaming not Download Fast start? or Hinted Streaming?

Also what about RealPlayer? Compressor doesn't do that does it? I have to use Cleaner again? "

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: 1hour & a half multicam lecture for web from DVCPro50 16:9-30p footage...HELP!!!!!
on Mar 8, 2006 at 6:01:53 pm

Flip4Mac works in Compressor 2 also. You can use 2 Pass VBR constrained to control peaks in the data rate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]