FORUMS: list search recent posts

cleaner 6 settings discovery...

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
karlseidel
cleaner 6 settings discovery...
on Mar 6, 2006 at 2:32:27 am

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for reading this question. I'm trying to figure out some things using cleaner and I'm hitting a wall at the moment. Basically I've got some DV cut into clips that I'd like to compress for the web. They're out of FCP and they range in length from 10 seconds to 4 minutes long each. I've never used cleaner, but I'd like to make the clips look like a nice image and I don't know how to make a range so I can "bracket" the results of my tests - they all seem to come out looking the same even though I'm changing the settings. I've done about a dozen tests so far. I'd just like to get some direction.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Karl

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: cleaner 6 settings discovery...
on Mar 6, 2006 at 7:40:30 pm

Karl, not sure what you mean by "range" and "bracket." You import a clip. Assign a preset or design your own and export. Are you trying to add several different presets to a single clip? Or you trying to use several different clips, each using the same preset?

Return to posts index

karlseidel
Re: cleaner 6 settings discovery...
on Mar 6, 2006 at 8:25:53 pm

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your response to my question. Bracketing is a term used in photography. I guess it doesn't apply in this forum! I'm testing different settings to try to get the best quality image using cleaner and I'm not sure which are the best settings to use to get the best look. The pre-sets that I'm using are the ones within the NTSC folder within cleaner for Large Downloads and also for 512 Streaming.

I'm just learning this, so I'm experimenting. I'm also reading the manual and I haven't figured out what's best yet.

Thanks again for your input.

Karl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]