FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting from FLV to QuickTime?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dorian Gray
Converting from FLV to QuickTime?
on Feb 28, 2006 at 5:51:21 am

Hi,

I need to do a bit of basic editing on some FLV video clips, followed by exporting to a low bit-rate delivery codec (perhaps FLV again). I'm picking up where someone else left off and unfortunately don't have the original source video, so I'm going to have to find a way to get these FLV files into something I can edit, preferably one of the authoring codecs that come with QuickTime (maybe PNG or Motion JPEG, or whatever you think would be most suitable for talking heads). I'm assuming it'll have to be lossless because I'll already be taking a quality hit by starting with lossy FLV.

Any ideas? I've got Sorenson Squeeze 4.3, which includes an app called SorensonFlvPlayer - this plays the FLVs in question fine but seems to be capable of absolutely nothing else, and Squeeze itself can't open the files for some reason, just gives the error "Unsupported Media Format" (which makes no sense because I can export to FLV). I'd really like to avoid buying more software because I can't imagine I'll need to do this often.

Any help appreciated. I'm on a Mac and would prefer to work on that, but could probably find a Windows box if need be.

DG

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]