FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error in Codec 8960 when trying to encode to H264 using Cleaner

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thien
Error in Codec 8960 when trying to encode to H264 using Cleaner
on Feb 11, 2006 at 12:05:19 am

:Not sure if this post goes here but heres my problem:

I get this error(error in codec = -8960) when trying to encode a DV25 file to H264. I'm using cleaner 6.0.2 and on OSX 10.4.3. Also, I'm having issues with the Mpeg-4 audio setting in cleaner. The lowest data rate I can get is 1.0 mbits/s, this can't be right, escpecially for web streaming. I've changed the audio sample rate to 32khz and bit rate to 48kbits/s but the total data rate for audio is always 1.0 mbits/s. Any help would be great.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Error in Codec 8960 when trying to encode to H264 using Cleaner
on Feb 11, 2006 at 3:59:09 am

Cleaner 6.0.2 or lower is not compatible with the new codecs QT7 brings to the table. This includes H.264. You will need to upgrade to Cleaner 6.5 for QT7 compatibility, and even that is suspect. Rather than wasting your money on a Cleaner 6.5 upgrade, I would recommend Compression Master 3, Squeeze 4, or even Compressor 2. Compressor 2 and Compression Master 3 will give you your best H.264 results on a mac.

And the audio problem with Cleaner is that Cleaner has poor MPEG-4 encoders and doesn't link well to the MPEG-4 encoders from QT6. If you absolutely needed to know a solution however, the best thing to do is encode the audio first with QT Pro and then save a reference source movie with the original video track and the new audio track. Use this in Cleaner and for the audio option choose "copy".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]