Compression settings for the web...example of my work inside

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DVX100Shooter
Compression settings for the web...example of my work inside
on Feb 5, 2006 at 9:41:43 pm

Hi,

I am new to Creative Cow!

Below is a link to a EPK I just produced for a client. I used Compressor to compress the footage but I know I can get it to look a lot cleaner for the web than it does now. Its super clean on DVD though.

Any suggestion as to what I might try differently in terms of settings would be cool. I used FCP HD to edit and export.

Thanks,
Chuck

http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=ThtUbi3mJNU

Return to posts index

Ed
Re: Compression settings for the web...example of my work inside
by
on Feb 6, 2006 at 7:08:51 pm

Hard to say what you might try differently in terms of settings when you don't say what your settings were.
Ed

[DVX100Shooter] "Any suggestion as to what I might try differently in terms of settings would be cool. I used FCP HD to edit and export.
"

Return to posts index

DVX100Shooter
on Feb 6, 2006 at 10:15:16 pm

I didnt write the settings down...Is there a way I can pull up that info from the compressed file? One complaint I have been hearing is that my current settings take so long to play back and when it does playback it breaks up.

Return to posts index

Ed
by
on Feb 6, 2006 at 10:31:54 pm

I'm a bit confused. You used Compressor to compress the footage, then what? It's a Flash movie, did you compress
it in Compressor, then compress it again to Flash? If so, you took a hit in resolution. Again, if so, why didn't you use
something like Squeeze to create an FLV directly from the uncompressed edited file?
Ed

[DVX100Shooter] "I used Compressor to compress the footage but I know I can get it to look a lot cleaner for the web than it does now."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]