FORUMS: list search recent posts

When Compressor just won't work...

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morris Barrier
When Compressor just won't work...
on Jan 11, 2006 at 6:52:42 pm

The question first: Can someone point out the best QT conversion settings for DVD? Here's why.

Cringe if you must but I'm still using Compressor 1.21. Ever since about the time I upgraded to OS X Panther (cringe again) Compressor batch monitor crashes every single time I submit it. Usually that is ok because the process is still running in the background but lately it won't even appear to do that it simply tells me the application unexpectedly quit. I've trashed the app and reinstalled, nothing works so I am considering doing a QT conversion for this wedding video I'd like to get done. I attempted it with h.264 and it took FOREVER and it filled up my remaining 10 gigs on my HD.

Return to posts index

thewanggao
Re: When Compressor just won't work...
on Jan 16, 2006 at 12:17:54 am

why would you use h.264? DVDSP or iDVD will just have to re-encode that. Also, you're gonna need some more space. Ok, so how long is your project? (Again, get more space). You could try photo-JPEG qt (i'm not sure if that can be put into dvdsp) but the best would probably be the animation codec.

Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

thewanggao
Re: When Compressor just won't work...
on Jan 16, 2006 at 12:21:01 am

when i said dvdsp or idvd will have to re-encode, (which it will also have to do for the things i mentioned) i meant that h.264 is already not a pristine encoding, and re-encoding that will just make an overall loss of quality.

Alexander Gao

"When the revolution happens, I'll be leading it."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]