FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie cleaner question

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sidewalksurfing
newbie cleaner question
on Jan 6, 2006 at 6:52:36 pm

hi everyone

just purchased cleaner XL to compress 320x240 QTs to FLV files to play on our website. they are :30 sec spots. i have been having trouble finding that perfect balance of quality & smooth playback speed - right now they look super choppy on our site and i'm reluctanct to decrease the quality even more. I have been doing some research on this board and it seems like there are some other apps that people really like... have i chosen the wrong program to do my compressing? i thought cleaner was supposed to be the premier package.
i have definetly seen good compression at this size & length on other websites - help!
thanks for any info

tim

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: newbie cleaner question
on Jan 7, 2006 at 4:13:36 am

First, when you say 3230 x 240 QT movies, what codec are the quicktime movies now? Feeding the highest quality source file to the encoder will result in the best result. Are your QT movies interlaced, or did they originate from interlaced sources (videotape)? What frame rate are the QT movies and what frame rate are you using for the FLVs? What bitrate settings are you using?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: newbie cleaner question
on Jan 9, 2006 at 1:14:40 am

For Flash video encoding, Squeeze is generally considered the best. Also, there is the new On2 codec for FLV encoding that many of the higher end sites are using, and it is a separate purchase from either Cleaner or Squeeze (but should integrate into both). The On2 codec will give you the best possible quality, but the standard encoder in Squeeze is also quite good. And, if you have a higher, full-res source to use, that would help increase end result quality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]