FORUMS: list search recent posts

Internal Muxing Error?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Carroll
Internal Muxing Error?
on Jan 4, 2006 at 5:12:14 pm

I'm using DVDSP 4 on a dual 2.5 with 2.5 GIG RAM. OS 10.4.3.
I'm getting "Internal muxing errors" when I try to author using mpegs from Compression Master 3.2.2
Every now and then it works great, mostly on short programs 5-8 :30 commercials. But yesterday it failed once again on a 6:45 show. I'm using the Compression Master preset of NTSC-NTSC at 5mb/sec. The strange thing is, that exact preset worked perfectly just two days earlier on the rough cut of that show which was the same durration. It's not chapter markers as stated in one of the earlier posts as I tried building with just the first default chapter marker to no avail.
I'd really love to get this working because Compression Master looks and performs TONS better than Compressor 2. For example that 6:45 show only takes 12:00 to run through CM doing a 2 pass VBR, while it takes 38 minutes in Compressor (2 pass with corrections for gamma and contrast due to Compressor's built in bump in the black levels). And to add insult to injury, CM looks way better.
Muxing, as I understand from the sparse at best DVDSP manual, is when the mpeg and wave or aiff are multiplexed together. I've tried different audio settings in CM to try to solve the problem, with no luck. I never get these errors when I use Compressor, so it's not something I'm doing wrong in DVDSP. And what's the most baffling and irratating is that it's not completely predictable as to when it will give errors.
Help?

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Internal Muxing Error?
on Jan 4, 2006 at 5:26:16 pm

Could have something to do with the AIFF files CM is generating. I would take the AIFF and use it in Compressor or A.Pack to output to AC3 and then try the AC3 as an asset in DVD SP. I think I have had issues in the past with DVD SP and using AIFF or WAV instead of AC3 (DVD SP does a bitrate check and I think that caused the issue because the uncompressed audio would send the rate over the limit). If that doesn't work, try emailing support@popwire.com. They are usually very responsive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]