FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression master settings for DVDSP4

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Carroll
Compression master settings for DVDSP4
on Dec 23, 2005 at 7:26:59 am

I keep getting "internal muxing errors" when I compress in Compression master for DVDSP4. I've tried all 3 "presets" 3, 5 and 7. And it doesn't seem to matter. I can do small projects 3-7 spots (we use this mostly for demo reels and approval dvds), but larger projects always get kicked back when I try to "build".
What settings are you guys using?
Here's my specs: Dual 2.5, 2.5 gig RAM, DVDSP4, Compression Master 3.2.2, Mac OS 10.4.3
I resorted to using Compressor again which BTW sucks! It's slower that sh*t, it lifts the black levels (known issue) desaturates the video and looks soft overall.
Compression Master looks great and it's remakably fast. I just can't get the files to go into DVDSP4 properly.
Help!

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Compression master settings for DVDSP4
on Dec 23, 2005 at 3:33:16 pm

I would try using Elementary streams from Compression Master rather than Program muxed streams when encoding. But since you already have some files encoded, I would suggest opening your MPEG-2s in an app called MPEG StreamClip (free) and choose the "Demux to M2V and M1A" option. Then use those elementary streams in DVD Studio Pro. If there was an error in the way Compression Master muxed the two streams, then it should be fixed when they are demuxed with MPEG StreamClip.

Return to posts index

Rich Carroll
Re: Compression master settings for DVDSP4
on Dec 24, 2005 at 9:13:54 pm

I have been using the elemental streams in Compression Master. I tried the Muxed option but DVDSP wouldn't even recognize those files. The impression I get is that DVDSP is choking while trying to Mux (multiplex) the elemental streams into one stream. Like I said in my earlier post, I can preview fine always and it's working fine for small projects (I just made one using the 5 meg setting for 5 :30 spots), but it craps out when the tracks get longer than five or six minutes. I sent a trouble tick to popwire but have yet to hear from them. Is there someone on here that can post a preset that'll work for longer format pieces in DVDSP4?
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]