FORUMS: list search recent posts

cleaner 6.5 Mac and Flip4Mac

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
cleaner 6.5 Mac and Flip4Mac
on Dec 21, 2005 at 11:15:30 pm

I have Flip4Mac for exporting WMV from Quicktime...works great. I also downloaded cleaner 6.5 and want to use the Flip4Mac engine in cleaner. Anyone play with this one? can't find how to get cleaner to see it. I did go to the contents of the cleaner 6.5 app and put it in the components folder there where other components were.

Didn't work.

Anyone?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: cleaner 6.5 Mac and Flip4Mac
on Dec 22, 2005 at 6:41:40 am

First of all, the current installation and location of Flip4Mac should be fine for Cleaner 6.5. And accessing F4M should be about the same as it was with Cleaner 6. All you need to do is go to the settings, click the Output tab, then click the Format pull down list, and select the format that says "Windows Media". Note that Cleaner's built in encoder says "Windows Media 7", as it hasn't been updated in quite some time. Honestly though, if you are interested in F4M and a compression suite, I would recommend Squeeze 4 or Compressor 2. Compression Master 3 is another option but they use their own WMV9 encoder.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: cleaner 6.5 Mac and Flip4Mac
on Dec 22, 2005 at 2:03:17 pm

Yes, I can see Windows Media in the format pulldown, but it did not specify if it was the Flip4Mac WMV9 that it was using...it was kind of flying in the dark.

I also could not see the Windows Media format choice in Compressor 2. I'll take another look.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: cleaner 6.5 Mac and Flip4Mac...got it
on Dec 22, 2005 at 2:07:27 pm

Got it...all is well.

Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]